Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Family Approved Gluten Free Meal!

I thought I'd post a recipe today from "Gluten Free Family Approved Recipes" by Pam Jordan.  Kid X loves this meal.  The original recipe calls for chicken breasts.  Kid X loves when I make meatballs out of this recipe.  So I've modified her recipe for meatballs! I cook something several times a week from this cookbook, I may modify somethings but my family is generally happy when I make something from her cookbook! My family hates leftovers and there is usually none left when I make this recipe!

One Dish Wonder

2 Lb ground chicken or turkey
2 cups frozen green beans
3/4 cup carrots(sometimes I use frozen corn)
3 red potatoes, cubed
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 packed of Gluten Free Italian Seasoning Mix(I use the safeway brand of Italian Seasoning/Dressing Mix)
Gluten Free Bread crumbs(I use Italian style)
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
Salt and Pepper to taste
Season Salt and Garlic Powder to taste

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Use a 9x13 cooking dish, I don't use cooking spray, but used a bit of melted bacon fat or ghee instead.  Place all the veggies in the dish.  In a separate bowl, mix the ground chicken, breadcrumbs and add the Italian seasoning.  You don't have to add the breadcrumbs, but I do for extra texture, I use about 1/4 cup. Shape the mix into small meatballs and add to dish.  Cover with salt, pepper, season salt and garlic powder.  Melt butter and pour over dish. 
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.  I then take off the foil and cook for 10 more min to make the meatballs a bit brown.  

You can order the cookbook from Pam Jordan here at: http://www.imaceliac.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment